Sano Orthopedics remains open to serve our patients. To safeguard health and safety of our patients and staff, we are implementing the following procedures:
- Patients will be screened upon entering the Sano lobby area.
- Employees will be screened at the beginning of each day. When possible, staff who are able to work from home have been asked to do so.
- We are now offering televisit appointments to existing and new patients. These appointments utilize audio and video, providing real-time communication between Provider and patient. We are offering all our patients the option for these visits. Contact us to learn if this new service is an option for you.
- We are proactively reaching out to at-risk patients to either schedule a televisit or reschedule their appointment for a later date.
- Walk-in orthopedic urgent care available 9am – 4pm, Monday – Friday, in Lee’s Summit. For the safety and health of orthopedic patients, we have these walk-in appointments now available to keep patients out of the emergency departments.
- Temporary closing our Overland Park office. Because our Overland Park clinic is attached to Saint Luke’s South Hospital, we want to reduce exposure to our patients. We are moving these visits to our Lee’s Summit clinic and/or televisits. Our Lee’s Summit office is isolated in its own facility, offering it increased safety from Emergency patients seeking critical care from the hospital.
- Increased sanitation and cleaning protocols throughout Sano facilities for patients and staff.
- Social distancing set-up within waiting areas and back office areas.
This is an unforeseen, rapidly evolving situation. Sano leadership is meeting daily to discuss steps we can take to both protect patients and staff and also provide services for those needing orthopedic care. Have a question about your upcoming visit or want to schedule at a later date? We want to accomodate your needs.
For latest information on the virus, please visit the CDC’s official web page dedicated to Coronavirus (COVID-19) communications.